Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jaxson Update 4/10/11

Well after a very long week we received the good news that we were hoping and praying for on Friday.  Jaxson does NOT have the bad virus and his seizures show all signs of just being preemie seizures.  On Saturday Jaxson was even switched from the CPAP to the nasal cannual and is still on it as I write this.  He is doing really well on it so far.  He has some mucus that he has been coughing up and they have been sucking out that makes his pulse-ox go down when he is trying to get it up but as of tonight his lungs sound a lot better! 

When they weighed him tonight he is already up to 4lbs 3oz and he measured 17 inches long!  He is really starting to look like a little boy.  They are also feeding him again and he is up to 17mls. 

I'm so glad we had a good weekend.  Chris was able to hold him several times and I am actually at home for the first time in 5 weeks tonight for one night (maybe two depending on how well Jaxson is tomorrow).  My mom is "babysitting" Jaxson for us and was able to hold him for the first time.  She loved every minute of it. 

The nurse told my mom tonight that if he keeps progressing we may even be able to begin bottle feedings next week.  I'm not going to get my hopes up too much but I'm really hoping we can get him home in the next 4 weeks!! 

Proud Daddy!


Before he had his CPAP taken off. 


His monkey hat from his big sister, Madison.

Cuddling with Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment