Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jaxson Update 3/23/11

Jaxson has done much better the last two days.  His blood work has all come back negative, they started feeding him again today (they stopped it when he got sick) and he has gained some weight.  He actually made it to 3 pounds!  We are so excited.  He even went up in diaper size from extra small to just small!  He is still having a few episodes but not as many as he was having. 

The put in a new PICC line yesterday and put it in his head.  Luckily we had talked about this before so I was more prepared for it.  It actually looks more comfortable for him than in his arm. 

Jaxson has also started opening his eyes more often, it even seems that he does it after he hears my voice.  One nurse told me, "he doesn't do that for me he only opens them after you get here."  He also started moving around a lot more, he loves to stretch his legs and arms. 

I have also started to read to him sometimes when I hold him.  They told me it helps him to recognize my voice.  Chris and Madison are going to bring me more books this weekend. 

After Chris left I was actually alone for the first time since going in the hospital.  I did good for about the first 24 hours and then started thinking on how long I will be here and how lonely it can become, day in and day out of walking the long hall to the NICU up to 4 times a day.  I called Chris and had a good cry and then went to see Jaxson and got to hold him for the 3rd time yesterday and was much better when I left.  Holding my little boy always makes me feel better. 

My mom spent the day with me today and my sister may come to see me tomorrow.  Then hopefully my best friend is coming Friday and then Chris and Madison and my mother-in-law will be here this weekend.  So I have a very full next few days.  Below are a few pictures from the last couple of days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment