Monday, March 14, 2011

Jaxson Update 3/14/11

Today was the first real good day in a while.  It started of difficult because of my still fluctuating blood pressure.  They have me on lots of meds at at time when my blood pressure drops really low I get very weak.  Our (my mom is here with me since Chris had to go back to work) first visit with Jaxson today he got one of his main lines taken out of his belly button, it was a quick procedure that didn't cause him any pain and I got to hold his legs while they did it.  Since it was taken out I was able to hold him but had to wait 4 hours.  Up until now I have only been able to pick him up once for a quick second and give him a kiss.  This time I was able to hold him to my chest, skin to skin for about an hour and a half.  It was amazing to say the least.  It was so good to feel him breath and hear his little noises.  I am able to touch him every 3 hours so at the 5pm "touch time" I changed his poopy diaper.  I can't tell you how much fun it is to clean off his little bottom.  At the 8pm "touch time" we got even more good news that they were going to take off his CPAP machine that went around his head into his nose and just put in the little prongs that you see when people are getting oxygen.  We can now see his head and face so much better.  I was able to hold him again for about 45 min.  He did have a few episodes when I was holding him where his heart rate would go way down and he slowed his breathing but he would recover himself.  They said it could be reflux or he was just really relaxed.  I plan to write a lot more but it's late and I need my rest for sure so I will catch up later, but I wanted to give everyone an update on our good day.  We will probably be here for at least 6 to 8 weeks not sure exactly but will know more in the coming weeks.  Thanks to everyone for their support and prayers! 

1 comment:

  1. praying for sweet baby jaxson! glad you got lots of holding time today!
    catherine

    ReplyDelete